Sunday, March 22, 2015

Get Excited!

Hey, so in preparation for my TEDtalk tomorrow (and since I forgot to post these earlier), I thought I would show you some of my original brainstorming, storyboard, and concept art.

Keep in mind that I really simplified the characters when I switched to digital, because it was a lot harder and took more time. But the concepts are still similar (hence concept art). The characters we pretty difficult for me to draw without making them look really awkward because cartooning is mot my style at all. I think its also really funny how most of my concept art for the girl was focused on her hairstyle. In the actual thing I just completely left out the pony tail or braids because (as I said in an earlier post) it would be very difficult to figure out how the flow-iness of the hair would react to her movements.







1 comment:

  1. Well, I thought I was the only one doing animation for my genius project. I hope you post your final product after your presentation, as I am eager to see how your digital animation turns out (I'm mostly using paper for mine). It looks very tasteful in terms of style, and the movements I've seen from your previous blog posts are fluid. By the way, those are some awesome character designs you have there!

    ReplyDelete